7 Steps For Integrating Email With A Social Media Strategy
Great inbound marketing is integrated marketing. Social media can’t be an isolated tactic and succeed. Instead it has to be part of an overall inbound marketing strategy that includes search engine optimization, blogging, email marketing, marketing automation, and other strategies. One of the most powerful points of integration exists between email marketing and social media.
For most B2B marketers their email database is the most powerful tool with the biggest reach at their disposal. When teamed up with B2B social media, email becomes even more powerful. This integration lays the foundation for a future in which email is a less reliable source of lead generation.
7 Steps For Integrating Email With A B2B Social Media Strategy
1. Include Social Media Follow Links In Email Marketing Messages – It seems simple, but many B2B companies simply don’t do it. In all of your marketing email include clear and visible links for an email recipient to click on and follow your active social media accounts.
2. Use Social Media To Grow Your Email List – It isn’t enough to have a prospective customer only connected with you via social media. Getting them on to your email marketing list will increase their likelihood of becoming a lead. Schedule regular updates to encourage social media connections to become part of your email community. Note: It is critical when doing this to set expectations. Let you social media followers know what information they will receive in your emails.
3. Test Email Marketing Offers In Social Media – Since your email list is your most significant marketing channel, you don’t want to waste it. Share a lead generation offer to your social media connections before your email list to determine if it converts visitors into leads at a high enough rate to merit an email send. Read more from Socialmouthy.com.
4. Use Email AND Social Media To Nurture Leads – Nurturing existing leads is about far more than email. Social media can be a valuable way to move leads through the sales funnel. Sharing content on social media that helps move leads from investigators to buyers. Use your marketing automation software to help you send custom social media messages to leads when they take an action on your website.
5. Source Email Content From Social Media – What are your social media connections talking about? Use hot topics in social media to fuel content for new email marketing offers and copy. Give people the information that want!
6. Make One Coordinated Push – When you send out an email marketing message for lead generation it should be part of a coordinated push. A blog post about the offer should go up that day and social media messages about the offer should be shared throughout the day. This coordinated push will help to maximize response rates and subsequently leads.
7. Source Leads Correctly – Make sure to use tracking URLs to understand which leads for a particular campaign are coming from social media versus email marketing. Data is powerful. Having clean data will allow you to make informed choices about future campaigns and increase results. Read my next post – “7 Ways To Build A Strong Online Presence Through Social Media”
Have you seen benefits from integrating your social media and email lead generation efforts?